The passage of time is predictable, of course, as are most of the ways I use my allotment. There’s a rhythm to my schedule and a routine. Some days, you’ll hear me complain about how little time I have. A common theme. It’s difficult to finagle a few minutes to do what I love, to be the friend I want to be, or finally get around to what I’ve been meaning to get done for weeks.
Come to find out: the time’s been there all along. I just needed to find it.
This week, I found time to:
- walk with a friend
- chat with my sister
- photograph an amazing sunrise
- sit in a bit of solitude
- continue #the100dayproject
- pack healthy lunches
- listen (closely and carefully and completely)
- run an unplanned errand (without stress)
- moisturize my skin (not once, but twice)
- enjoy a meaningful conversation – unhurried
- soak in a hot bath
- read – right there at my desk – in the middle of the day
Find time. Go look. It’s there.