I live my life day to day to day – some days more consciously than others – but mostly by habit. Some habits work. Others, not as much. Sometimes I need an adjustment. A refresh. A new perspective. A priority shift.
Can you name ten people who nudge you awake?
I can. And they’re all absolute strangers.
These ten women tilt my head just so. They elevate my thinking, invite me to question, and energize my motivation. I’ve visited with all of them this year in the pages of their books and blogs.
How I love and linger over the artistry and passion in their words. Their photographs.
I’ve read their prayers and admissions, seen into their imaginations, felt their doubts, and witnessed their celebrations. I’ve sat many a morning or deep into the night nodding my head in appreciation of their compassion and humor, the ways they love, and how they parent. Of each, I admire their bravery, talent, and how very boldly they question what is now and what has gone before. And gently, kindly ask us all: What is next?
I’ve been inspired as a writer, photographer, mother, dreamer, doer … and human.
When I was in graduate school, I read The Education of Little Tree, by Forrest Carter. This quote stays within me:
“… when you come on something that is good, first thing to do is share it with whoever you can find; that way, the good spreads out to where no telling it will go.”
So here’s some good … spread it out wide as you can … no telling where it (or you) will go.
- Erin Boyle, author of Simple Matters: Living with Less and Ending Up with More – Erin also blogs at Reading My Tea Leaves.
- Erin Loechner, blogs at Design for Mankind. Erin’s new book, Chasing Slow, launches in January.
- Shannan Martin, author of Falling Free: Rescued from the Life I Always Wanted. Shannan blogs at Shannan Martin Writes, formerly Flower Patch Farmgirl.
- Kelle Hampton, blogs at Enjoying the Small Things, author of Bloom.
- Elle Luna, author of The Crossroads of Should and Must: Find and Follow Your Passion
- Beth at Local Milk.
- Linda at Linda Stoll.
- Kendra at The Lazy Genius Collective.
- Joanna Goddard at Cup of Jo.
- Grace Bonney at Design Sponge, author of In the Company of Women: Inspiration and Advice from over 100 Makers, Artists, and Entrepreneurs