I’ve been gathering.
Fall is a gathering season, after all. Nuts. Pumpkins. Apples. The very last sunflower.
I may transition slowly, but once I do, I’m all in … and I fall in.
For sure, fall’s my absolute favorite season and I have a bunch of fun bringing a little bit of fall from out there … to in here … our home.
Tiny touches … and (almost) free.
- gourds/ from the grocery store nestled in an old wooden bowl
- berries/gathered by the side of the road and plopped into a vintage crock
- mini pumpkins/scattered solo here and there
or in a roly-poly pile on the kitchen counter
- apples/of course and piled high
- acorns/collected on many walks around our neck of the woods
- candy corn/for a jarful of fun and frivolous
- mums/tucked in a farmer’s basket for the front porch
The berries and acorns were free for the gathering. So were the apples … a gift from a friend with some apple trees. The gourds, mini-pumpkins, candy corn, and mums are from Market Basket – where you truly do get “more for your dollar.”
Happy first week of fall! Enjoy the season’s offerings – for (almost) free!