Well… some do, some don’t.
For those that do, here’s a fun nail polish bouquet DIY.
Think bright, bold, and beautiful … just like all those women and girls in your life.
I created this bouquet in a little more than an hour for a Valentine’s Day gift. Easter’s coming and Mother’s Day just after that … but really, any girly kind of gift occasion will work for this big bunch of happy.
You could even give out single, long-stems to each go-to-girl in your group.
- nail polish – round bottoms look best
- wooden floral “stems” – about 8″ long
- green floral tape
- floral foam – sized appropriate to your container
- colorful muffin liners
- scrapbook paper – coordinating to your polish color
- glue gun
What to do:
This took me a few tries because my first idea – what I see in my mind – doesn’t always work. No worries. I wasn’t giving up.
- Cut holes in a couple of muffin liners and slip the polish cover through the holes. Hold with one hand, pinching a bit. Tape to hold in place with scotch tape.
- Attach the cover of the polish to the flower stem with scotch tape. It doesn’t matter if you can see the tape because you’ll cover it.
- Wrap the cover and stem with floral tape. This will double-wrap your polish to the stem and make it more sturdy.
- Cut hearts from scrapbook paper.
- Attach in random formations with the hot glue gun to the polish and the muffin liners, layering as you go until you’re happy with how it looks. I layered some hearts right side up and some upside down.
- Curl “petals” a little with your fingers.
- Floral foam goes in the base of your container. I used a pretty pottery crock from Hobby Lobby because it’s surely reusable long after the polish bouquet is dismantled. A tall, tightly-woven basket would work too.
- Be sure you cut your stems to different lengths and “arrange” them as you would regular flowers. I tucked a little stuffing around the floral foam to be sure everything stays secure inside the container.
- Surround the stems with natural or coordinating raffia – I had the red on hand! Lucky!
Best bet: Have fun with it … because after all … Girls Just Wanna Have Fun !