At current count, we have five summer squash and seven tomatoes in the old enamel washbasin on our counter. There’s more coming too.
I just can’t keep up with the crop.
Here’s a quick dinner side dish or delicious lunch idea to use up some of that bounty from your garden or local farm stand:
- Slice a summer squash (zucchini works well too) and two small tomatoes
- Saute the summer squash first in a tablespoon of light olive oil until a sort of softened al dente and then add tomatoes
- Add slivers of fresh basil and toss frequently to mix all the lusciousness
- Top with shredded fresh Parmesan cheese and a sprinkling of Feta until just warmed and a teeny bit melted
(I had no idea these cheeses would play so nicely together!)
- Sprinkle a bit of salt, some fresh ground pepper